Welcome back Olympic View Golden Eagles. To all of our new students to the school, we are glad you are here! It is going to be a great year!
Dismissal Times Have Changed!
Monday, July 22 at 8:15 am is the First Day of School for students in grades 1-6 and is a Minimum Day (Dismissal is 1:15 pm). Please note that students need to be on the blacktop at 8:15 am. You may stop by your class to find your assigned blacktop number. As a reminder, the parking lot is busy in the morning so give yourself plenty of time!
- All incoming Kindergarten students and parents will report to the classroom at 9 am for a Kindergarten Orientation on Monday, July 22 (Please note, parent(s) are to stay with their children for the day). Kinders will be dismissed to go home with their parents after orientation at 11:30 am. Kindergarten students will also be on a Minimum Day schedule the first week of school – dismissal at 11:30 am. Beginning July 29 Kindergarten students will be on the regular daily schedule (8:15 am – 2:30 pm Monday – Thursday and 1:00 pm dismissal every Friday).
On Thur. July 25 there will be two Volunteer In-services. You can choose either 8:30 am or 6:00 pm and find out about the school expectations, school safety, volunteering and more. Please note that for safety reasons no visitors or volunteers are allowed in the classrooms during the instructional day the first 2 weeks of school. If you plan on volunteering, be sure to attend one of these sessions. Visitors and volunteers will be allowed on campus beginning Monday, August 5.
Tuesday, Aug. 6 – ELAC (English Language Advisory Committee)/MFA (Multicultural Family Organization) Informational Meeting form 8:30 am – 9:30 am in the auditorium. Come learn more about the purpose of ELAC/MFA and how you can support your English Learner. For more information, or, if you would like to serve on the ELAC board, click here
School Site Council is looking for new members!!! Elections will be held Wednesday, August 7, 2019 during Curriculum Night. The Olympic View SSC bylaws specify that parent representatives serve a 2-year term. We have openings for next year’s Council for 2 parent representatives and 1 parent alternate. Any parent/guardian whose child attends our school and is not a paid employee on staff at the school site is eligible to be a SSC parent representative. The SSC usually meets one Wednesday a month from 4:00 pm to 5:30 pm. If you would like to place your name on the ballot for parent representative or parent alternate, please complete the lower portion of this letter. Include a short bio telling a little bit about yourself and why you are interested in serving on the School Site Council, and return both items to the school office by Friday, August 2, 2019.
**** Change of Date!! Wednesday, August 7 – Curriculum Night (This was originally scheduled for Thursday, Aug. 8)
5:30 – 5:45 pm – Information in the auditorium
5:45 – 6:30 pm – Classroom Presentation (Session 1)
6:30 – 7:15 pm – Classroom Presentation (Session 2) ** Repeated session
**** Both sessions will be the same information
We have a very small parking lot for the size of our school! It is extremely important that everyone is PATIENT and follows the safety rules. Please be sure to fill our the after school instructions page and give to your child’s teacher. The first week can be hectic as everyone is getting used to a new routine.
Kinder parents will receive drop off and pick up instructions from the teachers at Kinder orientation
Grades 1 and 2 – Teachers will walk students our to gate with signs with teachers name. 1st grade signs will blue, and 2nd grade will be red. There will also be a designated spot for older siblings to pick up younger siblings. Please do not crowd the gate so teachers and students have room to exit.
1. Drop off and pick up students only in the designated loops, curbside only.
2. If you must leave your car, park in the parking lot or on the street and not the drive through zone.
3. Do not leave your car unattended in the drop off/pick up zone and pull forward.
4. NO Dogs on campus during arrival and dismissal.
5. Please do not park in RESERVED spaces.
6. Students must walk bikes, hover boards, and skate boards on side walks.
7. Students not picked up by 3:00 pm (1:30 pm on minimum days) will be escorted to the office and must sign in. Persons picking up the child must come to the office to sign him/her out.
8. For everyone’s safety BE PATIENT, KIND, and CONSIDERATE.
We worked hard last year to bring down our chronic absenteeism. Our efforts helped us to improve. Did you know, that schools and districts are rated based on attendance? Did you know that schools and districts lose funding?
- in 2017 – 18, Olympic View was rated 26th out of 46 schools for Chronic Absences
- With our efforts, we moved up to 17th in the 2018-19 school year!!!! Great job! We can do even better!
- We had a chronic absences rate of a little over 4% last year
- Our goal is to be under 3%
Please use the 2019-20 Year Round Schools Calendar to plan vacations. If you must have your student out for 5 or more days, please see the office 2 weeks in advance for an independent study contract.
6 ELAC/MFA Information Meeting 8:30 am – 9:30 am
7 Back to School Night 5:30 pm – 7:15 pm
8 OPTC General Meeting 5:00 – 5:30 pm
14 SSC Meeting 4:00 pm
14 OPTC Fundraising Social
15 Bus Evacuation Drill 9:00 – 11:30 am
16 Safe Routes to School – 7:45 am
20 ELAC Election Meeting 8:30 am – 9:30 am
21 Fall Picture Day
23 Back to School BBQ 5:30-7:30 pm
26 Fun Run Kick off 8:15 am
29 Parent Military Coffee 8:30 am
29 6th Grade Camp Info. Mtg. 6:00 pm – auditorium
30 Student Council Elections
Get District and School Notifications 2019-20 SMS Text Opt-in Eng Sp combined
Olympic View Twitter – CVESD_Olympic our hashtag is #olylearns
FB Page – Olympic View Golden Eagles