We had a great first week back to school! Thank you to the entire Olympic View Staff for a great start! Be sure to check out the menu on the blog for parent resources!
Thank you to those who came to the Volunteer Training. If you were unable to come, please go to the parent resource tab to view the training power point, handbook and download paperwork that must be signed.
Monday, July 29 – Kindergarten begins regular schedule. Dismissal at 2:30 pm M-Th. and 1:00 pm on Fri.
Friday, Aug. 2 – School Site Council interest forms due
Thank you to those who have signed up for our OPTC. To join, CLICK HERE! Only $5 a member. Sign up the whole family!
We have a new After School Club on Campus!!! COOKING CLUB!!! Click on the link for for more information and to register!
We are also offering a Spanish enrichment program. A multi-leveled curriculum teaches conversational Spanish in a fun and engaging way. CLICK HERE for more info and to register.
School Site Council is looking for new members!!! Elections will be held Wednesday, August 7, 2019 during Curriculum Night. The Olympic View SSC bylaws specify that parent representatives serve a 2-year term. We have openings for next year’s Council for 2 parent representatives and 1 parent alternate. Any parent/guardian whose child attends our school and is not a paid employee on staff at the school site is eligible to be a SSC parent representative. The SSC usually meets one Wednesday a month from 4:00 pm to 5:30 pm. If you would like to place your name on the ballot for parent representative or parent alternate, please complete the lower portion of this letter. Include a short bio telling a little bit about yourself and why you are interested in serving on the School Site Council, and return both items to the school office by Friday, August 2, 2019.
**** Change of Date!! Wednesday, August 7 – Curriculum Night (This was originally scheduled for Thursday, Aug. 8)
5:30 – 5:45 pm – Information in the auditorium
5:45 – 6:30 pm – Classroom Presentation (Session 1)
6:30 – 7:15 pm – Classroom Presentation (Session 2) ** Repeated session
**** Both sessions will be the same information
Grades 1 and 2 – Teachers will walk students our to gate with signs with teachers name. 1st grade signs will blue, and 2nd grade will be red. There will also be a designated spot for older siblings to pick up younger siblings. Please do not crowd the gate so teachers and students have room to exit. PLEASE do not crowd the front gate so teachers and students can exit.
1. Drop off and pick up students only in the designated loops, curbside only.
2. If you must leave your car, park in the parking lot or on the street and not the drive through zone.
3. Do not leave your car unattended in the drop off/pick up zone and pull forward.
4. NO Dogs on campus during arrival and dismissal.
5. Please do not park in RESERVED spaces.
6. Students must walk bikes, hover boards, and skate boards on side walks.
7. Students not picked up by 3:00 pm (1:30 pm on minimum days) will be escorted to the office and must sign in. Persons picking up the child must come to the office to sign him/her out.
8. For everyone’s safety BE PATIENT, KIND, and CONSIDERATE.
We worked hard last year to bring down our chronic absenteeism. Our efforts helped us to improve. Did you know, that schools and districts are rated based on attendance? Did you know that schools and districts lose funding?
- in 2017 – 18, Olympic View was rated 26th out of 46 schools for Chronic Absences
- With our efforts, we moved up to 17th in the 2018-19 school year!!!! Great job! We can do even better!
- We had a chronic absences rate of a little over 4% last year
- Our goal is to be under 3%
Please use the 2019-20 Year Round Schools Calendar to plan vacations. If you must have your student out for 5 or more days, please see the office 2 weeks in advance for an independent study contract.
6 ELAC/MFA Information Meeting 8:30 am – 9:30 am
7 Back to School Night/SSC Elections 5:30 pm – 7:15 pm
8 OPTC General Meeting 5:00 – 5:30 pm
14 SSC Meeting 4:00 pm
14 OPTC Fundraising Social
15 Bus Evacuation Drill 9:00 – 11:30 am
20 ELAC Election Meeting 8:30 am – 9:30 am
21 Fall Picture Day
23 Back to School BBQ 5:30-7:30 pm
26 Fun Run Kick off 8:15 am
29 Parent Military Coffee 8:30 am
29 6th Grade Camp Info. Mtg. 6:00 pm – auditorium
30 Student Council Elections
Get District and School Notifications 2019-20 SMS Text Opt-in Eng Sp combined
Olympic View Twitter – CVESD_Olympic our hashtag is #olylearns
FB Page – Olympic View Golden Eagles