Friday, Oct. 22, Join us for the OPTC BOO-BASH!
Tuesday, Oct. 26 – English Learner Advisory Committee Meeting from 9-10 am CLICK HERE to join.
OPTC Membership Drive ends October 31. Please support your child’s School. All proceeds go back to school improvement. CLICK HERE to join.
We will celebrate Red Ribbon Week Oct. 25-29. The Student Lighthouse Team met to organize spirit week. Show your Red Ribbon Spirit!
Our Red Ribbon week will wrap up on Friday, Oct 29 at 8:30 am with a Costume Parade. Please be sure to read all the safety guidelines that must be followed. There will be no exceptions.
- Costumes must be school and age appropriate and NOT depict any type of violence, blood or gore.
- No items may be brought that depict any sort of weapon.
- If your child’s costume involves a mask, they must be able to clearly see out of the mask.
- Covid masks must be worn by students, staff and parents
- Parents will be invited on campus, and must utilize the parent area that will be provided.
- Students must have on school clothing under costume. Students will not be permitted to change clothes in the bathrooms or classrooms. Send child to school with a bag, with their name on it to store costume after parade.
- Parents will need to exit the campus after the parade and will not be permitted to go to the classrooms or any other buildings.
- If your child’s costume is not impeding (can move about freely and safely) or distracting, it may be worn for the remainder of the day (school is not responsible for any damage to the costume).
- No face paint that interferes with Covid mask.
Did you know you can help our school raise money just by shopping on Amazon?
Step 1: Use this amazon link:
Step 2: When asked to pick a charity, enter “Olympic View Parent Teacher Club” in the search box
and then choose our school.
Step 3: Log in with your normal amazon username and password.
Each time you shop on Amazon use smile.amazon.com. Our school earns money with each purchase! It’s that easy! Thanks for your support!
For more information regarding Amazon Smile and Box Tops, CLICK HERE.
COVID Testing in Chula Vista
the District will be operating an additional testing site. This new testing site will be hosted at at Hedenkamp Elementary School, which is located at 930 East Palomar Street, Chula Vista. It will also offer free COVID-19 tests, both rapid antigen and the PCR test, which are particularly useful for students and staff who show symptoms.
Testing at the Hedenkamp site will be available between the hours of 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. through Thursday. On Friday, hours of operation will be 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Students and staff from any CVESD school are welcome to test at the Hedenkamp site. (Unfortunately, no family members can test, at this time.) Please note, we may close the line at 4:15 at this location, so plan to arrive by 4 p.m.
Additionally, our COVID-19 testing program will also continue at our District office, which is located at 84 East J Street, Chula Vista. The District office testing site hours are M-TH from 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. with Friday hours: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. No appointments are necessary at either location. Walk-ins are welcome UNTIL daily capacity is reached; we will stop accepting walk-ups at 3:40 p.m. M-F at this site, so please arrive by 3:30 p.m. (Again, no family members can test, at this time.)
If you are unable to get a COVID-19 test from your healthcare provider or the county, swing by one of the District’s testing facilities.
Are you unsure if you should bring your child to school and/or test them for COVID-19? Click to access an easy-to-view handout.
Para encontrar otro centro de pruebas cerca de usted visite: Testing (sandiegocounty.gov) OR https://bit.ly/SDCOUNTYC19TEST
To find another testing location near you, please visit: Testing (sandiegocounty.gov) OR https://bit.ly/SDCOUNTYC19TEST
El Distrito de Escuelas Primarias de Chula Vista está ofreciendo pruebas gratuitas en las Oficinas Centrales, 84 East J Street Chula Vista CA 91910:
- Lunes a jueves 8:00 AM a 4:00 PM
- Viernes 11:00 – 4 pm
What type of test do I need???
CLICK HERE for information regarding what type of COVID test you are your child may need
We want to share a few important reminders:
You may have many questions regarding current school procedures. Please view the CVESD Safe Return to School Parent Playbook & CVESD Safe Return to school Parent Playbook-SPANISH for current COVID-19 Safety Information. There is also more information on the safe reopening of school on the CVESD website.
- Please do not send your child to school if they have symptoms.
- Do not send your child to school if they live with someone who is positive for COVID.