The first week of hybrid learning ran smoothly for both in person and virtual students! Thank you students, parents and teachers for working hard to make it possible.
Friday, April 23 – Spring Fundraiser Dance Party!!!
Please support our spring fundraiser. OPTC funds raised this year will go toward installing our Water filtration unit that we got on Donors Choose, and an electronic marquee.
We’d love for you to participate. If you are able to, please register your student on FUNRUN.COM
April is Month of the Military Child!!!!
Last week you should have received (through email and/or text message) information on how to register for your child to get tested for COVID-19 at our school site. If you have misplaced the email or link, another will be sent to you on Friday, April 16th around 11:00 AM. You will not need to make an appointment for testing at our school sites. Our schools will provide on-demand testing, which means that we are accepting “walk-ins”—no appointments are necessary. Here is important information on the CVESD COVID-19 Testing Program:
· Testing will occur at Olympic View Elementary School campus on the following days: April 29 , May 13 and 27 and June 10
· On these days, testing will occur from 8:00 AM – 3:30 PM, with no testing from 12:15 pm – 12:45 pm due to staff lunch times.
· If your student is experiencing symptoms, we highly recommend getting a PCR test at a free County facility or with a medical provider, and not reporting to the school for the antigen test. Unfortunately, the antigen tests used by CVESD cannot be used for return to work or school, per the County’s Symptom Decision Tree. The antigen testing program is for surveillance purposes, in order to quickly determine if individuals are positive and remove such individuals and their close contacts from campus as soon as possible. Contact our school health office for more information or discuss your child’s symptoms.
· At this time, we can only test staff and CVESD students. No family members are able test at this time.
· You do not need to be with your child in order for your child to test under our program; however, if your child walks up to the testing location, we will not be able to test them unless you have signed the on-line consent form at the link you are provided. We highly recommend that you accompany your child to the testing location.
· Links that are sent to you are personalized for your specific student and shouldn’t be shared with others.
· If you have trouble registering/providing consent for your child through the link, please call the district office at (619) 425-9600 and speak to Sherry Stone at ext. 1327 or Theresa Fletcher at ext. 1027 or visit the testing staff on-site at our school and they will be able to help register and test your child during your visit.
· Because we are not taking appointments, we know there will be long lines before and after school. Please take this into account when planning the time have your child tested. Please be patient with the testing team and listen carefully to their instructions.
Thank you for supporting our efforts to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus on our campus.
Returning to school if you reported your child absent due to be sick:
Please note, that we must follow the county decision tree before your child can come back on to campus. If you have any questions, please feel free to call the school nurse at 619-656-2030
Thank you to those Golden Eagles who submitted a speech for the speech contest! I am so proud of you all! Your thoughts, ideas and bravery are to be admired! Your leadership is amazing. Here are the grade level winners that will represent our school at the district:
4th Grade – Darren Scott
5th Grade – Evan Vojtec
6th Grade – Abigail Crawford
Kindergarten and NEW student registration, Previously scheduled to start Mar. 3, will begin March 15 for the 2021-22 school year. Those currently registered DO NOT have to register. You will just complete proof of residency when the time comes. CLICK HERE for further information. Also, Olympic View will be opening a second preschool due to a long waiting list. We are excited! Preschool registration will take place at the district. You can call 619-425-9600 for more information.
We will have two AM and two PM preschool classes next year!