Packet Pick Up Night!
Friday, July 19 from 5 – 7 pm. Come find out who your child’s teacher is, eat dinner, connect with others and learn more about our school and district. Some of the things you will be able to do that night:
- Buy spirit wear
- Sign up for OPTC
- Learn more about our after school clubs
- Fill out a lunch application
- Learn about our English Language Advisory Committee/Multicultural Family Association
- Connect with the Eastlake Educational Foundation
- Get information about family resources
- Dinner will be available for purchase
Thur. July 18: New family school tour at 6 pm. Meet in the auditorium
Thur. July 18: YMCA Orientation at Olympic View YMCA room 3-5 pm
Our Dismissal Times Have Changed!
Kinder: 2:30 pm
First – Sixth: 2:45 pm
Kinder: 1:00 pm
First – Sixth: 1:15 pm
Thursday, July 11 – School office reopens from 7:30 am to 4:00 pm. Please note: If you have not done Residency Verification Renewal, your child has not been placed in a class. Please be sure to do this to ensure a smooth first day for you and your child(ren).
DROP OFF AND PICK UP IMPORTANT INFORMATION
1. Drop off and pick up students in designated areas, curbside only
2. If you must leave your car, park in the parking lot or street and not the drive through zone.
3. NO Dogs allowed on campus during arrival and dismissal.
4. Please do not park in RESERVED spaces.
5. Students must walk bikes, hover boards, and skate boards on side walks.
6. Students not picked up by 3:00 pm (1:30 pm on minimum days) will be escorted to the office and must sign in. Persons picking up the child must come to the office to sign him/her out.
7. For everyone’s safety BE PATIENT, KIND, and CONSIDERATE. Our parking lot is small and is greatly impacted. Please be sure to fill out the pick up instructions that are in your back to school packet to your child’s teacher on the first day of school. Be sure to communicate with your child where you will be picking up.
Monday, July 22 at 8:15 am is the First Day of School for students in grades 1-6 and is a Minimum Day (Dismissal is 1:15 pm). Please note that students need to be on the blacktop at 8:15 am. As a reminder, the parking lot is busy in the morning so give yourself plenty of time!
- All incoming Kindergarten students and parents will report to the classroom at 9 am for a Kindergarten Orientation. Please note that Kinders will be dismissed to go home with their parents after orientation at 11:30 am. Kindergarten students will also be on a Minimum Day schedule the first week of school – dismissal at 11:30 am. Beginning July 29 Kindergarten students will be on the regular daily schedule (8:15 am – 2:30 pm Monday – Thursday and 1:00 pm dismissal every Friday).
On Thur. July 25 there will be two Volunteer In-services. You can choose either 8:30 am or 6:00 pm and find out about the school expectations, school safety, volunteering and more. Please note that for safety reasons no visitors or volunteers are allowed on campus during the instructional day the first 2 weeks of school. If you plan on volunteering, be sure to attend one of these sessions. Visitors and volunteers will be allowed on campus beginning Monday, August 5.
No changes will be made to class assignments in the first 3 weeks of school. If you would like to request a classroom change after that you may submit your request in writing and your request will be taken into consideration only if space is available beginning August 12.
We have worked hard on bringing down our Chronic Absenteeism rate. Please make sure to read the parent handbook when you receive it on July 19 regarding attendance. Our continued goal will be an average daily rate of 98%. Help use make this possibly. Below are the school calendars for the next two school years. You can also find them in the menu tab under Calendars. Please consider these dates when planning family trips.
6 ELAC Information Meeting 8:30 am – 9:30 am
7 OPTC Board Meeting 5:00 pm
8 OPTC General Meeting 5:00 – 5:30 pm
7 Back to School Night 5:30 pm – 7:15 pm
14 SSC Meeting 4:00 pm
14 OPTC Fundraising Social
15 Bus Evacuation Drill 9:00 – 11:30 am
16 Safe Routes to School – 7:45 am
20 ELAC Election Meeting 8:30 am – 9:30 am
21 Fall Picture Day
23 Back to School BBQ 5:30-7:30 pm
26 Fun Run Kick off 8:15 am
29 Parent Military Coffee 8:30 am
29 6th Grade Camp Info. Mtg. 6:00 pm – auditorium
30 Student Council Elections
We look forward to seeing all of our Golden Eagles!