Join us this Wednesday, May 5th at 3 pm for our very first Wellness Wednesday virtual event! During this time, participants will be a part of a fun fitness workout with an ultimate at-home obstacle course! Be on the lookout for an email from your child’s classroom teacher with a link to participate. Family members are encouraged to participate.
CLICK HERE to join Wellness Wednesday
Viral and antibody testing will be offered to staff, students, families, and community throughout the week of May 3. Testing will be available 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., with no testing taking place between 12 noon and 1 p.m. The dates and locations are:
- Monday, May 3 @ Vista Square Elementary, Smith Avenue entrance near G Street, Chula Vista. Testing scheduled from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., with no testing taking place between 12 noon and 1 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 4 @ Olympic View Elementary, 1220 South Greensview Dr., Chula Vista, 91915. Testing scheduled from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., with no testing taking place between 12 noon and 1 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 5 @ Muraoka Elementary, 1644 Santa Alexia Ave., Chula Vista, 91913. Testing scheduled from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., with no testing taking place between 12 noon and 1 p.m.
- Thursday, May 6 @ Lauderbach Elementary, 390 Palomar Street, Chula Vista, 91911. Testing scheduled from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., with no testing taking place between 12 noon and 1 p.m.
- Friday, May 7 @ Education Services and Support Center (ESSC), 84 East J Street, Chula Vista, 91910. NOTE: testing hours are from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on this date only, with no testing taking place between 12 noon and 1 p.m.
The antibody test consists of a light fingerprick; results as quickly as 15 minutes for those who stay around for their results. The viral test is the shallow nose swab test; results available within three-to-four business days. Learn more here: Viral Test for COVID-19
Testing is voluntary. Participants have the option of only doing one of the tests or both. To schedule an appointment, please click here or cut and paste the following into your web browser: https://kahalabiosciences.com/cvesd-safe/
Thanks again for your support of CVESD Safe!, our voluntary testing and tracing program to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
Olympic View will be celebrating staff appreciation the week of May 17 – 21.
Wednesday, May 20, we will celebrate day of the teacher. Stay tuned for more information.
Thursday, May 6 from 6:00 – 7:00 pm – Equity Policy meeting. CLICK HERE to learn more about this.
To Join the meeting CLICK HERE
Distance Learning students can drive by EVERY TUESDAY from 12:30 – 2:30 pm. Please be sure to return library books already checked out! Please place your order by the FRIDAY BEFORE pick up day. PLEASE NOTE, Pick up spot is now in front of the school, not the bus loop. Please drive through staff parking lot. Students in IN PERSON learning will have reserved books brought to the classroom.
We now have ebooks! Directions below will tell you how to reserve!
To directions on how to reserve your books, CLICK HERE.
We are starting Habit 8, Find Your Voice for leader in me.
Kindergarten and NEW student registration, Previously scheduled to start Mar. 3, will begin March 15 for the 2021-22 school year. Those currently registered DO NOT have to register. You will just complete proof of residency when the time comes. CLICK HERE for further information. Also, Olympic View will be opening a second preschool due to a long waiting list. We are excited! Preschool registration will take place at the district. You can call 619-425-9600 for more information.
We will have two AM and two PM preschool classes next year!
Every Wednesday from 1 – 2 pm in the bus loop.