Olympic View Families,
On behalf of the Olympic View Staff, welcome to the 2020-2021 school year. The Office will be pushing out several important announcements in the coming weeks pertaining to distance learning and the start of the school year.
The purpose of this letter is to provide information regarding annual residency verification. Please read the information below carefully as the process is slightly different than years past: Click Here for Proof Of Residency Form
Which Families Need to Verify Residency?
- Verification of residency is required for all returning OV students
- Re-verification is not necessary for incoming kindergarten students and new enrollments who pre-registered since February 19, 2020
- Residency must be completed before your child is placed in a class. Remember that school starts via virtual learning on August 31st
- A verification of residency form must be submitted for each child that attends OV
- If you moved to a new address in 2020, please write “new address” clearly on the verification form, so we can update your child’s record.
What is Needed to Verify Residency?
Families can provide ONE of the documents listed below. The document can be in either or both parent’s/legal guardian’s name and must include the address where you and your child physically live. Documents must be dated after July 1st 2020. It can be a letter that has been mailed to your address, or a document that you download or receive electronically
- Recent paystub if it includes your name and address
- Current rental contract/lease & recent payment receipt w/ landlord contract info
- Utility bill: Gas & Elec, solar, internet, water, trash, cable tv, landline phone, property tax payment receipt (cell phone bills & bank statements are not accepted)
- Voter registration, Car registration if dated from July 1, letter from a court, DMV or a government department
- Mortgage statement
- Homeowner’s association billing statement
- Letter on apartment complex or mobile home park letterhead, signed by the landlord, stating that parent/guardian/caregiver lives there.
The District does not accept documentation with PO box addresses, or that has been provided by a family member, caregiver, friend etc. unless you and your child physically stay at the address permanently.
How Do I Verify Residency?
You have two options to verify residency, in person or via email
- Via Email (preferred)Download the attached form titled “Verification of Residency”
- Fill out “Verification of Residency” form (one per child) and include your child’s name and the grade your child will be going into
- Print and sign & date the form (we cannot accept electronic signatures)
- Take a picture of document you are using to verify residency (see list above)
- Email completed and signed “Verification of Residency” form along with “documentation of residency” (listed above) to email@example.com
*If you are unable to print the “Verification of Residency” form, copies will be available outside of the OV Office starting Monday, August 17th at 8:00am. You can pick up a form and follow the steps above.
- In Person (Must wear mask and Social Distance)
- Visit the school at one of the times listed below
- Fill out, sign & date “Verification of Residency” form – one per child
- Provide documentation of residency (listed above)
- We will be accepting residency verification forms in person at these times:
- Monday, August 17th 8:00am -11:00am, 1:00pm – 4:00pm
- Wednesday, August 19th 8:00am-11:00am, 1:00pm-4:00pm
- Thursday, August 20th 8:00am-11:00am, 1:00pm-4:00pm
- Friday, August 21st 8:00am-12:00pm
The school building remains closed to the public. All documents will be accepted outside. When visiting the school, please wear a mask, practice social distancing, and observe all posted signage.
What about Second Family Affidavits?
If a student and his/her family reside with another family and they are unable to provide a document to verify their own residency, the attached “Second Family Affidavit” form needs to be submitted, along with the “Verification of Residency” form and supporting verification document. The form must be signed by representatives of the homeowner and parent/legal guardian. Photo ID of the homeowner must also be provided. Submit all forms using one of the methods above.
What is Needed to Register my child/ren in person?
- New students who have not yet enrolled to start at OV for the 2020-2021 school year should begin the registrations process using the District’s online enrollment system http://www.cvesd.org/parents/welcome_to_enrollment.
- We encourage parents of new students to enroll online. We will follow up with you to request supporting documents. On-Line registration DOES NOT complete the process. Be on the look put for follow up email.
- For parents unable to complete registration online or unable to submit documents by email, please contact the Olympic View Office at 619-656-2030, firstname.lastname@example.org. We have a process in place to distribute and collect registration information while maintaining safety.
The following documents will then need to be emailed to the above address. You can take pictures and email if necessary:
- Student’s Birth verification document
- Student’s Immunization Record
- Parent ID
- Residency document dated within 60 days.
- A document that indicates Past Due is acceptable if there is current payment activity
- Signed Residency Verification form
- List of additional PDF forms listed on the Online Enrollment web page (at the bottom).
- Emergency & Health Information
- Home Language Survey
- Important Health Issues
- Record of Prior School Programs and Special Services
Only if applicable:
- School Entry Health Checkup
- Oral Health
Registration packets will be available outside the front office. All forms must be filled out prior to submitting them to the office along with the required documents listed above.
Are you registering a Kinder student??? Please Read!
Please read the this important letter from Mrs. Lines.
Here is a link to the Kinder Assessment Survey. It seems to function better on a computer.
Covid-19 “Frequently Asked Questions”
If you still need to pick up a year book, stayed tuned for the date. It will be the week of the 24th.