Welcome to Olympic View Elementary School located in Chula Vista, California “Home of the Golden Eagles” Blog. Please note that this blog is currently under construction and more items will be added to the menu tabs. To follow the blog enter your email address on the follow bar located at the bottom of this blog. I look forward to an amazing 2018-19 school year!
Thursday, July 12 the office re-opens. Just a reminder that all families must prove residency in order for your child to placed on a class list before July 20. Office hours are 7:30 am – 4:00 pm Monday – Friday.
Thursday, July 12 from 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm the YMCA orientation for those seeking or signed up for childcare will take place in the YMCA room on campus. This is a great opportunity for parents to meet the staff and learn about the YMCA licensed childcare. This is a fun event inside the YMCA classroom where Parents can learn more about our Licensed Childcare program and also have the opportunity to meet the staff. Staff will review the program and answer questions while their child can have fun with a fantastic S.T.E.A.M. focused activity. We hope to see our parents there!
Friday, July 20, 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm meet the new Principal, Mrs. Lines, along with Mrs. Watson, Associate Principal, find out who your child’s teacher will be, join the OPTC, and purchase dinner from the taco food truck!. OPTC members will be on hand to talk about volunteer opportunities. However, you do not need to be able to volunteer to be a member. Our OPTC membership drive will officially start!
Monday, July 23, The First Day of School starts at 8:15 am on and is a Minimum Day.
- All students GRADES 1-6 should report directly to their classrooms for the first day, where teachers will post which line to go to on the blacktop. Students GRADES 1-3 are dismissed at 1:00 pm and GRADES 4-6 at 1:15 pm on the first day and every Friday.
- All incoming Kindergarten students and their parents go to their assigned classroom at 9:00 am for a Kindergarten Orientation. Orientation ends at 11:30 am and Kindergarten students will be dismissed to go home with parents. Please note Kinder dismissal for the first week (7-23 through 7-27) will be 11:30 am. After the first week Kinder dismissal is 2:15 pm Monday – Thursday and 1:00 pm on Fridays and all other minimum days.
- PLEASE EXPECT TRAFFIC DELAYS ON THE FIRST DAY.
Please note if you wish to drop off lunch or other items to your child during the school day you may do so only during your child’s recess or lunch time. Students will not be pulled from instructional time and office staff are not permitted to hold items in the office or make deliveries.
No changes will be made to class assignments in the first 3 weeks of school. If you would like to request a classroom change after that you may submit your request in writing with rationale as to why you are requesting a change. Changes will be considered only if space is available beginning August 13.
DROP OFF AND PICK UP IMPORTANT INFORMATION
1. Drop off and pick up students only in the front of the school.
2. If you must leave your car, park in the parking lot, or on the street and not the drive through zone.
3. Please do not bring animals including dogs on campus at any time – this includes arrival and dismissal.
4. Please do not park in RESERVED spaces.
5. Please wait at the front of the school to pick up your child.
6. Please keep the front gate(s) entryway clear.
7. Students must walk bikes, hover boards, and skate boards on side walks.
8. Students not picked up by 3:00 pm (1:30 pm on minimum days) will be escorted to the office, sign in and need to be signed out by the person picking him/her up.
9. For everyone’s safety BE PATIENT, KIND, and CONSIDERATE.
The staff and I are ready and excited for the new school year!
Please be sure to click the follow tab at the bottom of the page and enter your email. This will ensure you receive important school updates every Sunday